This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits – savory and delicious biscuits filled with bacon, onions and cheddar cheese.
How about some yummy biscuits. These biscuits have bacon, cheddar and onions in them and are absolutely delicious. These are great for breakfast or whenever you just need a snack, and are very filling. They are very easy to make really, it only took me maybe about 15 minutes to put them together and they bake just as quickly in 25 minutes you have these decadent biscuits. They are also versatile as you can make biscuits with whatever you want, so if you don’t like the onions, feel free to omit them, but trust me, you’ll want the bacon in there.
You’ll need to fry about 10 slices of bacon cut in half. While the bacon is frying chop up half an onion. Once the bacon is done, take it out and place it on some paper towels to soak up some of the fat. Pour some of the oil from the bacon out of the frying pan and fry the onions. Don’t fry the onion too much, just until it becomes translucent. Chop up the bacon into small pieces.
In a large bowl, add 2 cups of flour, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp of salt and mix well. To the flour mixture add 1/4 cup of butter cut in small pieces.
Using a pastry cutter or two knives start cutting into the butter. Use your hands if you have to but continue until mixture resembles small peas. In a small bowl add 1/2 cup of milk, 4 tbsp of oil and 1 egg. Mix the wet ingredients together and add to the flour mixture. Mix together well. Add the bacon and onion to the mixture. Mix well then add the a cup and a half of cheddar cheese.
Mix everything together, use your hands if you have to.
Roll out the dough so that it’s about 3/4 of an inch in thickness and using a 2″ cookie cutter, cut it into biscuits.
Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. They are so gorgeous when they come out.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Bacon Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- 10 slices bacon fried
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Fry the bacon then the onion. Chop up the bacon in small pieces.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or 2 forks, cut in the butter until the butter is mixed in well.
- In a small bowl mix the milk, egg, and vegetable oil then add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Add the bacon, onion, and cheddar to the mixture and mix everything well together.
- Roll out the dough so that it’s about 3/4 of an inch in thickness and using a 2″ cookie cutter, cut it into biscuits. Bake for 25 min.
- This recipe yields 12 biscuits.