Last updated on January 10th, 2017 at 04:48 pm
When these Beef Teriyaki Skewers are sizzling on your grill, the aroma will make everyone around you stop what they’re doing and come for a taste of these easy to make flank steak skewers with homemade teriyaki sauce.
I hope you guys are all enjoying the long weekend and are staying cool. We just got back late last night from our little mini vacation and I’m exhausted, but was glad to sleep in my own bed again. However, today I’m still in holiday mode, so grilling it is. You can’t get any easier than with this recipe.
I used a flank steak which I cut into very thin strips then threaded the beef on wooden skewers, which I then seasoned generously with salt and pepper. For the teriyaki sauce you simply throw all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil until it thickens nicely.
All that’s left to do is to grill these skewers to your liking while brushing them generously with some of that yummy sauce. That’s all there is to these beef skewers and they are perfect for the long weekend. I served them with a salad but you can serve them over some cooked rice with some steamed veggies!
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 inch wooden skewers 12
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Cut the flank steak across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until using.
- Place the skewers in enough water to cover them and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil while whisking. It should thicken. Remove from heat.
- Thread the beef onto the skewers. about 2 pieces per skewer. Place the beef skewers on the grill over medium-high heat (350 F to 400 F) and brush generously with the prepared teriyaki sauce on both sides.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.