This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Carne Asada Tacos – perfectly marinated flank steak, grilled to perfection, then served in tacos with your favorite toppings! Restaurant quality in the comfort of your own home.
Are you guys all watching the Olympics? We’re following along every chance we get at night when we get back from galavanting all over the city. Actually today we came early to the hotel room because we got soaked, and I mean completely soaked from head to toe while walking downtown Quebec it started pouring outside, so we decided to come back, pack and watch the Olympics for the remainder of the day. I have to say we’ve been enjoying the food here and guess what, we’ve had a lot of different poutine and I can’t wait to get back home and make my own versions of it.
Off to Ottawa tomorrow and I cannot wait to get there, we are staying at Fairmont Chateau Laurier and we’re very excited to get there. Hopefully the weather will be cooperate.
Today’s recipe is carne asada tacos which I’m in love with, because I’m on a taco kick lately and I’m in the mood to wrap everything in a tortilla and eat it.
Carne Asada is of Latin American origin and is usually made with flank steak or skirt steak which is grilled and then served as slices. Carne Asada actually means grilled beef. This recipe is fairly simple, I marinated the flank steak in an easy marinade but bursting with delicious flavors. You can even do this the night before then next day when you come back from work just grill the steak, and serve it on corn tortillas with your favorite toppings. So easy and just superb flavors.
For more incredible tacos, check these out:
- Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa
- Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce
- Steak Fry Bread Tacos
- Beef Carnitas Tacos
- Blackened Fish Tacos with Mango and Avocado Salsa
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Carne Asada Tacos
For Carne Asada and Marinade
- 10 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup olives chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, or your favorite cheese
- In a large ziploc bag combine together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, paprika, chili powder, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add the flank steak to the bag, close the ziploc bag and shake the bag around a bit, making sure the steak is covered in the marinade. Place it in the fridge and let it marinate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Heat your grill till it gets to about 400 F degrees.
- Grill the steak for about 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done to your likeness. Transfer it to a plate and cover it with aluminum foil. Let it rest for about 5 minutes before slicing it into thin strips. If you slice it right away all the juices will come out and you'll end up with a dry steak.
- Assemble your tacos by filling each tortilla with some sliced steak, olives, chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and some cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Products you may need for this recipe: