Last updated on January 28th, 2018 at 11:47 am
Blackberry, Raspberry and Pomegranate Cheesecake – an utterly scrumptious cheesecake with an out of this world fruit topping!
My favorite dessert in the whole wide world is cheesecake. I love any type of cheesecake. And I have to say I make a pretty damn good one at that. Normally I make it with cherry topping, but my husband has been asking me to make something with the pomegranates we’ve had in the fridge for a few days now so I thought they would be perfect for a cheesecake topping. I also used blackberries and raspberries because I had some in the fridge and they made a lovely combination.
I used to make cheesecake more often, but I haven’t made it in a long time. Now I remember why. It’s so good, I think about it all the time, knowing it’s there in the fridge, it’s talking to me. 🙂
This recipe of cheesecake I’ve had for many years and it’s never failed me once. It’s a pretty basic recipe but it’s very good. Another option for this cheesecake would be to actually add the berries in the cheesecake batter but I love having a plain cheesecake with a good topping more.
If you’ve never made cheesecake before, it’s very simple. You will however, need a cheesecake pan, I used a 9″ cheesecake pan here. First, to make the crust add the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse everything together. Spread this mixture over the bottom of the cheesecake pan and press it down firmly to cover the entire bottom and a bit up the sides.
Place this in the fridge while be make the cheesecake filling. Start out by adding all the cream cheese, sugar and flour to the bowl of your mixer.
Beat this until it all comes together for a couple minutes. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, then add the remainder of the ingredients and mix again on medium for another minute or so.
Filling should be very smooth.
Pour the filling in the prepared cheesecake pan.
Bake the cheesecake in a preheated oven at 350 F degrees for 15 minutes, after which you need to turn down the heat to 250 F degrees and bake for another hour and a half.
While the cake is baking, we can start making the topping, which is real simple. You’ll need about 3 cups of fruit, in my case I used a cup of blackberries, a cup of raspberries and a cup of pomegranates seeds. Add all the berries, the sugar and water to a sauce pan.
Cook this on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the sauce thickens up.
Doesn’t it look wonderful, the flavor is out of this world. Cool the cheesecake completely before pouring the topping over it. I guarantee you will love this combination, it’s amazing.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Blackberry, Raspberry and Pomegranate Cheesecake
- 3 cups graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 28 oz cream cheese 3.5 packages
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup pomegranates seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, add the crackers, melted butter and sugar and pulse until well mixed. Take the mixture and spread over the bottom of the cake pan, pressing down to cover the entire bottom of pan and a little bit up the side. Place pan in the fridge while you're making the filling.
- For the filling, add the cheese, sugar and flour and mix in a mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes until the cheese is smooth. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, then add the remainder of the ingredients and mix again on medium for another minute or so. Filling should be very smooth.
- Place the filling in the pan and bake in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes turn the oven down to 250 degrees and bake for another hour and a half. Take out of the oven and let cool out for about an hour, then place in the refrigerator for a couple hours to completely cool.
- To make the topping add all the topping ingredients in a sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens up.
- After cheesecake has cooled completely, pour the topping over the cheesecake and serve.