Chicken Fajita Sandwiches – turn an old favorite into a gourmet sandwich. Forget your old regular sandwich, and try this amazing sandwich!
I love the idea of turning favorite meals into a sandwich. And that’s just what I did here. Chicken fajitas are very common in our house, it’s just one of those meals that is easy to prepare and it’s a perfect weeknight meal. Not to mention how delicious it is. But this time I decided to switch things up for my husband, being the sandwich lover that he is.
He’s a very picky eater and his favorite food are sandwiches, any type of sandwich, you name it. So I made my usual easy chicken fajitas and I had this gorgeous focaccia bread which I sliced in half and then in squares to resemble sandwich bread, and used some havarti cheese, but I think swiss would work just as well, or gouda. I grilled them a bit on my panini maker, just until the cheese started melting. Serve them with some sour cream, salsa and some guacamole if you wish and OMG, they are to die for.
Such a simple sandwich and so delicious. This is what I love about cooking, using old favorites and switching things around to come up with masterpieces. I sure hope you give this sandwich a try, it was amazing.
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken Fajita Sandwiches
- chicken fajitas click for recipe
- 8 slices of your favorite bread
- 4 thicker slices of havarti cheese
- salsa optional
- sour cream optional
- Heat the panini maker. If you don’t have a panini maker, you could use a pan with a little bit of butter and brown the sandwich on each side.
- Lay out 4 slices of the bread on your work surface. Divide the fajita mixture in 4 and top each slice with the chicken fajita mixture. Place a slice of cheese on top of the chicken fajitas then finally the other slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in the panini maker and grill for about 3 or 4 minutes, or until cheese has melted and you have grill marks.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream if preferred.