This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These yummy Chicken Taco Taquitos are baked but still cheesy and loaded with delicious goodness! Perfect for an appetizer, a snack or even lunch.
Let me just get this out of the way and say don’t be afraid to make taquitos at home, stop buying those frozen taquitos! Nothing beats homemade and you can bake them.
I make taquitos all the time, they’re a favorite at my house. All you need are a few simple ingredients that you can probably find in your pantry right now.
What Are Taquitos
Taquitos are a Mexican dish consisting of a small tortilla that is rolled around a filling of meat and cheese, then deep-fried. My taquitos are even better than that because they are baked!
How to Make Chicken Taco Taquitos
These taquitos are super simple to make. Season the chicken generously with taco seasoning. I used chicken breasts, but you could also use boneless skinless chicken thighs. Cook the chicken in a skillet with a little bit of olive oil then add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and stir.
This filling is so good though, that I could eat it just like that by the spoonful. Of course it’s cheesy and yummy, couldn’t have Mexican food without it being cheesy.Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture.
Tightly roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining tortillas. You should have enough chicken for the 12 tortillas. Transfer the taquitos to the prepared baking dish.
How to Bake Taquitos
I always always bake my taquitos, they are so much healthier this way. All you need to do is bake them for 15 minutes at 450 F degrees until they are golden and crispy.
You will not miss the fact that they’re not fried, trust me. You can serve them with guacamole or whatever your favorite sauce or dip is, but I simply served them here with a bit more salsa and they were incredible. Gone in the blink of my eyes!
These taquitos are perfect for a get together, a snack, an appetizer or even for lunch. You can even prepare these the night before, cover them with plastic wrap, refrigerate them and just bake them before serving, they’ll be wonderful.
Place them in an airtight container and you can keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More great recipes to try:
- Chicken Enchilada Taquitos
- Baked Chicken Fajita Taquitos
- Baked Breakfast Taquitos
- Apple Pie Taquitos
- Hash Browns
Looking for more recipes? Follow on…
Chicken Taco Taquitos
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with some of the melted butter.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Season the chicken breasts with the taco seasoning. Add chicken to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add corn, refried beans, salsa and cheddar cheese to the skillet, stir and cook for 2 more minutes until corn is no longer frozen. Add cilantro and stir.
- Lay a tortilla flat and top with a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Tightly roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Brush with melted butter. Repeat with remaining tortillas. You should have enough chicken for the 12 tortillas. Transfer the taquitos to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until taquitos are crisp and golden brown. Serve with salsa on the side.