This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Cilantro Lime Salmon is a fresh, lean, low calorie dinner perfect for any night of the week. We’re talking bright lime, super fresh cilantro, a sweet buttery honey sauce, with a flavorful rub. All served atop salmon, this dish will have you in a tropical state of mind soon enough! Did I mention it’s ready in only 30 minutes?
Easy Cilantro Lime Salmon Recipe
I love this dish for so many reasons. This Cilantro Lime Salmon is bursting with flavor, it’s incredibly easy to pull together and a surefire hit for any occasion. Best part? It’s ready in just 30 minutes!
This salmon is packed with flavor. Melted butter, freshly squeezed lime juice, sweet honey, and minced garlic come together to make a sauce that’s both rich and refreshing. Drizzled generously over the salmon, this sauce brings a tangy sweetness that beautifully balances the salmon’s robust flavor. The whole masterpiece is then sprinkled with a handful of fresh cilantro, adding an extra layer of brightness to this exceptional dish.
Always remember to line your baking sheet with aluminum foil before placing the lime slices and salmon on it. This will not only prevent the sauce from spilling over but also make your cleanup a breeze.
- Lime: Used both in slices under the salmon, and in juice for the sauce, lime is a crucial part of this recipe providing a refreshing citrusy counterpoint to the rich salmon.
- Smoked Paprika & Chili Powder: This spice duo creates a fantastic rub that gives the salmon an extra layer of flavor.
- Salt & Pepper: Essential for seasoning.
- Butter: Melted and combined with lime juice, honey, and garlic to create the sauce. Use unsalted as the recipe includes added salt.
- Honey: Balances the acidity of the lime in the sauce and provides a lovely sweetness.
- Garlic: Adds a nice kick to the sauce.
- Salmon: The star of the show. Fresh is best, and skin-on works great for this recipe.
- Cilantro: Adds a fresh and slightly citrusy finish to the dish. If you’re not a fan, you could use parsley as an alternative.
This is one incredibly easy baked salmon recipe! It only requires 5 minutes of prep time! With just a few easy steps and a flavorful rub and sauce, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time. It pairs wonderfully with my Cilantro Lime Rice!
To begin, you need to preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). The oven needs to be already hot and ready to go for the fish to bake properly. Then line a rimmed sheet pan with aluminum foil and arrange the slices of lime in a long line on the bottom. We are creating a bed of lime to place the salmon over.
These 2 components are what make the dish super tasty! First, whisk the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to make the rub. Then make the sauce in a separate bowl by mixing the melted butter together with the lime juice, honey, and freshly minced garlic.
Now, let’s season the fish with loads of flavor! But before you begin this step, your salmon should be completely defrosted for the best results. To begin, rub the salmon with the dry rub, making sure to cover the entire surface of the fish on both sides. Then place the seasoned fish onto the lime slices lined up on the baking sheet. Next, pour the honey-lime mixture evenly over the salmon. Finally, fold up the sides of the foil without covering the salmon. You just want to prevent the sauce from spilling out.
Time to bake! Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and let the salmon bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and cook the fish for an additional 5 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of at least 145°F (63°C). Now, remove the fish from the oven, sprinkle it with some chopped fresh cilantro, and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different fish in this recipe?
Absolutely! This cilantro lime rub and sauce would work great with other types of fish like cod or halibut.
Can I make this recipe on the grill?
Yes, you can! Just make sure to place the salmon on a piece of foil to prevent sticking and loss of sauce. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the salmon is almost cooked completely. Keep in mind that cooking time can vary based on the thickness of your salmon. After the 15 to 20 minutes, carefully pull back the aluminum foil to completely expose the top of the salmon. Continue grilling for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
- Fish Selection: When buying salmon, look for fillets with bright, moist skin and a fresh smell.
- Timing: Avoid overcooking the salmon. Start checking for doneness around the 15-minute mark.
- Serving: Serve this dish immediately after cooking to enjoy the best texture and flavor.
Salmon will keep in the fridge covered in an airtight container for up to 3 days, just be sure it has fully cooled before popping in the fridge. You can also freeze this recipe! Pop in an airtight container and store frozen for 4 – 6 months, just allow to thaw in the fridge overnight and heat back up to temperature in the oven when ready to feast.
Other Must Try Salmon Recipes
- Firecracker Salmon
- Maple Mustard Glazed Salmon
- Honey Garlic Salmon and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
- Honey Mustard Salmon
- Salmon With Dill Sauce And Roasted Baby Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner
- Bruschetta Salmon
- Salmon Patties
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the lime slices on the bottom of the sheet in a long line, we will place the salmon over this.
- In a small bowl whisk together the paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. In another bowl, stir together butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic.
- Rub the salmon on both sides with the dry rub then lay it over the lime slices on the baking sheet. Pour the honey/lime sauce evenly over the salmon. Fold the sides of foil up over the salmon, we don't want to cover the salmon just keep the sauce from spilling over.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro over the top and serve.
- Spice Levels: If you’re not a fan of heat, feel free to reduce or omit the chili powder.
- Lime Substitution: If limes aren’t available, try substituting with lemons for a slightly different, but still delicious, flavor profile.
- Serving Suggestions: This salmon is great served over a bed of rice, quinoa, or alongside a fresh salad.
- Reheating: If you end up with leftovers, gently reheat the salmon in the oven or microwave to prevent it from drying out.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.