This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing is super refreshing and delicious with an incredible savory dressing. Perfect for summer and ready in only 15 minutes!
Mixed Fruit With Lemon-Basil Dressing
I thought it would be perfect to feature this beautiful, healthy and delicious mixed fruit salad to get into that summertime mood. The dressing for this salad is a bit different for a fruit salad, being that it’s a savory salad with ingredients like olive oil, ground mustard and onion powder, but trust me when I say that it really works.
Don’t get turned off by the dressing. It really does work! It’s a great savory dressing that can work great on fruit salads or on regular salad greens. You just have to try it. As far as the fruits go, feel free to use whatever fruits you like or whatever you can find on sale.
Not A Savory Dressing Fan?
If you’re worried about using a savory dressing and would prefer something sweeter, try my Summer Fruit Salad with Lemon Dressing. Sometimes you just have to test out the unexpected in order to discover new favorites, and believe me when I say you’ll be craving this refreshing and gorgeous salad for a log time to come after giving it a spin.
Ingredients In Mixed Fruit With Lemon-Basil Dressing
You can find detailed measurements and instructions on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Lemon juice – We want fresh lemon juice today from approximately 1 lemon.
- Sugar – I used white sugar today as I want a light clean flavor.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper.
- Spices – Ground mustard and onion powder, trust me on this one.
- Olive oil – We want a nice neutral tasting oil as a base for this dressing.
- Basil – Fresh and chopped up fine. If dried is all you have on hand keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dry equals 1 tablespoon fresh.
- Fruit – Kiwis, pineapple, and seedless watermelon, sliced and cubed.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Be sure to slice up your strawberries.
How To Make Mixed Fruit With Lemon-Basil Dressing
Detailed measurements and instructions can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Combine the dressing: In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Finish the fruit salad: In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
What Else Can I Use In This Salad?
This salad is perfect for using up whatever fruit you may have lying around, so have some fun with it!
- Pitted cherries
What Can I Serve Mixed Fruit With Lemon-Basil Dressing With?
I recommend polishing off this salad after whatever summertime meal strikes your fancy. Despite having salad in the name, it’s definitely more of a dessert. It works well on its own but if you’d like to make a sweet spread, serve some of these alongside.
What Else Can I Use Lemon-Basil Dressing With?
This dressing goes just as well on salad greens as it does on this fruit salad! I like to whip up some extra to keep in a jar in the fridge to sprinkle over fruit like this or light salads full of veggies.
Storing Leftover Mixed Fruit Salad With Lemon-Basil Dressing
You can store fruit salad in an airtight container for 3 – 5 days which is the only way I recommend storing it. Unfortunately the structure of some of our fruits is compromised after thawing so I don’t recommend freezing this dish.
Craving More Fruit? Try These Delicious Recipes:
- Fruit Pizza With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Summer Fruit Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Mixed Cabbage Apple Coleslaw
- Peaches And Cream Strudel
- Mango Lassi
- Red White And Blue Brownie Pizza
- Easy Summer Fruit Salad
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing
Lemon Basil Dressing
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil fresh, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple fresh, cubed
- 1 cup strawberries fresh, sliced
- 1 cup kiwifruit peeled and sliced
- 1 cup watermelon seedless, cubed
- 1 cup blueberries fresh
- 1 cup raspberries fresh
- In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Recipe originally shared May 2013.