This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing is super refreshing and delicious with an incredible savory dressing. Perfect for summer and ready in only 15 minutes!
I thought it would be perfect to feature this beautiful, healthy and delicious mixed fruit salad to get into that summertime mood. The dressing for this salad is a bit different for a fruit salad, being that it’s a savory salad with ingredients like olive oil, ground mustard and onion powder, but trust me when I say that it really works.
Don’t get turned off by the dressing. It really does work! It’s a great savory dressing that can work great on fruit salads or on regular salad greens. You just have to try it. As far as the fruits go, feel free to use whatever fruits you like or whatever you can find on sale.
- Lemon juice – We want fresh lemon juice today from approximately 1 lemon.
- Sugar – I used white sugar today as I want a light clean flavor.
- Seasoning – Salt and pepper.
- Spices – Ground mustard and onion powder, trust me on this one.
- Olive oil – We want a nice neutral tasting oil as a base for this dressing.
- Basil – Fresh and chopped up fine. If dried is all you have on hand keep in mind that 1 teaspoon dry equals 1 tablespoon fresh.
- Fruit – Kiwis, pineapple, and seedless watermelon, sliced and cubed.
- Berries – Strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Be sure to slice up your strawberries.
How To Make Mixed Fruit With Lemon-Basil Dressing
- Combine the dressing: In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- Finish the fruit salad: In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
What Else Can I Use In This Salad?
This salad is perfect for using up whatever fruit you may have lying around, so have some fun with it!
- Pitted cherries
You can store fruit salad in an airtight container for 3 – 5 days which is the only way I recommend storing it. Unfortunately the structure of some of our fruits is compromised after thawing so I don’t recommend freezing this dish.
Craving More Fruit? Try These Delicious Recipes:
- Fruit Pizza With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Summer Fruit Salad With Lemon Dressing
- Mixed Cabbage Apple Coleslaw
- Peaches And Cream Strudel
- Mango Lassi
- Red White And Blue Brownie Pizza
- Easy Summer Fruit Salad
Lemon Basil Dressing
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh, cubed)
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh, sliced)
- 1 cup kiwifruit (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup watermelon (seedless, cubed)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh)
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh)
- In a small bowl add all the dressing ingredients and whisk well.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Feel free to use whatever fruits you prefer, or whatever is readily available for you at this time of the year.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.