Last updated on June 29th, 2018 at 10:59 am
This Pumpkin Crumb Cake is deliciously moist and sweet with a perfect crunchy topping. Perfect to share with friends with a good cup of coffee.
The craze for pumpkin continues. There are high hopes in my head for all kinds of baking projects this fall, and it is fall my friends, at least where I live. I woke up this morning and came down to make my coffee to have with a piece of this marvellous cake, I look out the window and what do I see? Frost on all the rooftops! Yeah, fall is here. There was even talk about snow the other night, but I don’t think that happened. However, snow here in Calgary is inevitable just like it’s inevitable eating another piece of this cake. But I’m just saying.
The thing that kills me about baking is the smell. I love the smell of anything baking in the oven. Saying I love the smell of baking is really an understatement. And this cake will smell all kinds of delicious while baking, thus driving me crazy and turning me into a moody baby until I have a piece of that cake in my mouth and belly.
The torture, my friends, comes when I have to control myself until I take pictures or I shoot the video or whatever needs to happen for the blog before I can inhale the cake. You know, I always tell you to let the cake cool completely before digging in, but trust me when I tell you that I NEVER let the cake cool completely, I’m lucky if I let the cake cool for 2 minutes before digging in.
This cake here really is my kind of cake to enjoy with a good cup of coffee. It’s sweet and moist on the inside with a crunchy topping with pecans and oats. Did I tell you I bought a Keurig a couple weeks ago and ever since then I drink coffee like crazy. I can have coffee in 30 seconds! And you know what this means? More cake!! You can’t have coffee on its own, that’s sacrilegious!
Do you love cake for breakfast? So do I! Try these recipes:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pumpkin Crumb Cake
For Crumb Topping
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
For Crumb Topping
- In a medium size bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender cut in the butter until pea-sized. Stir in the pecans.
For Pumpkin Cake
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl or in the bowl of your mixer, beat the brown sugar, granulated sugar, melted butter and eggs on medium for about 2 minutes until well combined.
- Add the pumpkin and mix for another 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture and beat on low until well combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan then top with the crumble topping.
- Bake for about 55 minutes to an hour or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely then cut into pieces before serving.
Watch How To Make It
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!