Last updated on November 4th, 2018 at 06:40 pm
This Pumpkin Sex In A Pan, also known as Pumpkin Delight or Pumpkin Lush is a twist on the classic Sex in A Pan, with a delicious pumpkin spiced pudding layer, a buttery pecan crust and a whipped cream cheese layer. Finally it’s topped with more whipped cream and pecans. A must for every Thanksgiving table!
Remember Sex In A Pan? It’s a recipe I first shared with you almost 7 years ago and it’s one of my most popular recipes on Jo Cooks. This recipe is the pumpkin version, still as decadent and luscious. I call it Pumpkin Sex in a Pan but it also goes by the name of Pumpkin Delight or Pumpkin Lush.
I don’t even think I can pick a favorite because they are both incredible and I love them both. However, if you’re a pumpkin fan you will love this version. But why do people go nuts over these recipes? It’s simple. It’s not the name as some may think, it’s because these desserts really are that great.
They’re perfect for pot lucks or any huge gatherings, because it makes enough to feed a dozen people, and it’s always a crowd pleaser. But this Pumpkin Delight is also perfect for Thanksgiving.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SEX IN A PAN
This Pumpkin Sex in a Pan is super easy to make, we’re talking 5 easy layers. The buttery pecan crust is super simple to make and it can all be done in your food processor. You do need to bake it for about 20 minutes then let it cool completely before assembling the rest of the dessert.
The whipped cream cheese layer is exactly the same as in sex in a pan, super simple and 3 ingredients. Cream cheese, icing sugar and cool whip or whipped cream.
The spiced pumpkin pudding layer is where all the delicious goodness lies. Not only do we have vanilla pudding, there’s a whole can of canned pumpkin, my favorite spice, pumpkin pie spice and more whipped cream. Trust me when I say that this spiced pumpkin pudding is out of this world. I could eat it just on its own, as a matter of fact I advise you to lick the bowl.
This decadent dessert is then topped with more whipped cream and the final layer is more chopped pecans. Totally worth the trouble and the trouble is all the bowls to wash, but just throw them in a the dishwasher.
I have to admit the hardest part of this incredible dessert is waiting for it to set. I really advise you waiting at least 3 hours before cutting into it. And don’t worry, it won’t look pretty, it’s a messy dessert, but that’s the beauty of it! Nobody will care what it looks like once they take a bite. Trust me, you will be praised and loved.
CRAVING MORE LUSCIOUS DESSERTS? TRY THESE:
- Sex in a Pan
- Angel Berry Trifle
- Tres Leches Cake
- Tiramisu Tres Leches Cake
- Better Than Sex Cake
- Easy Tiramisu
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pumpkin Sex In A Pan
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese I used Philadelphia
- 1 cup icing sugar same as confectioners sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 cup cool whip or whipped cream
Whipped Cream Topping
- 2 cups cool whip or whipped cream
- pecan halves chopped, remaining from crust
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the pecans to a food processor and pulse a couple times until the pecans are chopped. Take about 1/4 cup of the chopped pecans out of the food processor and save for sprinkling over the top.
- Add the remaining crust ingredients to the food processor and pulse a few times until combined. Press the crust mixture into the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely before using.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and mix until softened. Add the icing sugar and continue mixing until smooth. Fold in the cool whip or whipped cream. Set aside.
- Prepare the vanilla pudding as per the instructions on the package. As noted I used 2 1/2 cups of milk instead of the 3 cups on the package instructions to get a firmer pudding.
- Add the canned pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cool whip to the pudding and fold everything in until well combined.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Next spread all of the pumpkin mixture evenly. Top with the cool whip then sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours so that it sets before serving.
Watch How To Make It
- Although the instant vanilla pudding mix instructions asked for 3 cups of milk I used 2 1/2 cups instead, because I wanted a firmer pudding for the layers, but feel free to use 3 cups of milk just as the instructions say.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.