Baked Honey Garlic Chicken – little chicken nuggets, breaded and baked to a crispy perfection, then drizzled with an amazing sweet, spicy and garlicky sauce.
Oh this chicken, you guys! It’s sweet, it’s spicy, it’s garlicky and totally delicious. These tiny tender full of flavor pieces of chicken are first baked to a golden perfection, then dipped in this sweet and spicy sauce. True perfection, especially when served over rice or with a side of veggies.
I never get tired of this chicken, and I made similar chicken like this before, for example the Bang Bang Chicken, however that chicken was fried, and so I wanted to make a healthier version. So many of you have written to me and asked if the bang bang chicken can be baked instead and the answer is YES. That’s the beauty of using Panko breadcrumbs, you get crispy chicken whether you bake it or fry it.
I would rather eat chicken than beef. It’s as simple as that. I totally love to create all sort of different recipes with chicken and try different flavor combinations. But there’s nothing better than good crispy chicken. That’s why this chicken is perfection. And it’s so simple to make. You beat a couple eggs then season with some salt and pepper and drench the chicken in the egg. This is what helps the breadcrumbs stick to the chicken. Then you take each chicken piece and roll it through breadcrumbs. See this is fun to make.
These tiny chicken morsels, all breaded are ready for baking. In just about 20 minutes, you have yummy chicken nuggets that are crispy, but not greasy. All they need is that delicious sweet, garlicky and spicy sauce that you can literally whip up in no time at all. Then you either drizzle it over the chicken, or dip your chicken in it and eat. Eat all you want, this is guilt free chicken.
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups Panko breadcrumbs
- sesame seeds, optional
- fresh chopped parsley, optional
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a shallow plate. Beat the eggs in another shallow plate.
- Season beaten eggs with salt and pepper. Add chicken to the eggs and toss to make sure each piece is fully coated in the egg mixture.
- Coat each piece of chicken with breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and slightly golden.
- In the meantime add all the sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then turn down the heat and cook for a couple more minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss so that the chicken pieces are fully coated. If there's left over sauce, use for dipping. Garnish with sesame seeds and parsley if preferred.
- Serve over rice and/or veggies.
Here are some more great Chicken recipes that might knock your socks off!