Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas – if you like the bold flavors of buffalo chicken wings, then this quesadilla is for you!
Quesadillas are one of the foods I usually order when I go to a restaurant. I just love them. Any which way you make them, I just love a good quesadilla. But I love the flavors of buffalo chicken so I decided to make a buffalo chicken quesadilla.
Traditionally buffalo style sauce is a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot sauce and butter and the buffalo style chicken is usually served with a blue cheese dressing. But I don’t make my buffalo sauce anymore. I use Frank’s buffalo wing sauce and it’s amazing, it saves time and money.
The way I cooked the chicken, is I just cut it in small pieces and poured the buffalo sauce over it. In a skillet I heated some olive oil and added the chicken and cooked it till it was done, and no longer pink. It will not brown, but it will be a nice redish color from the buffalo wing sauce, so you will want to check it to make sure it’s cooked properly.
Now since it is a buffalo chicken quesadilla and I really love the flavor of the blue cheese, I added some blue cheese to the cheese mixture along with a Mexican blend of cheeses. And that’s all there is to it. I grilled them on a panini press but you can use a skillet as well, serve them hot with sour cream, some extra buffalo sauce and that’s all she wrote.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend of cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- ¼ cup Frank's buffalo wing sauce
- 4 large tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Cut chicken in small pieces. Place the chicken in a small bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over them and toss.
- In a skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Take a tortilla and add half a cup of the Mexican cheese, spread it over half the tortilla. Dot with some blue cheese. Add a quarter of the chicken to the tortilla and fold the tortilla. Grill it on the panini or in a skillet on both sides until the cheese melts.
- Cut the tortilla in 4 and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve with sour cream and additional buffalo wing sauce.
More Delicious Quesadillas From My Kitchen