Mixed Fruit with Lemon-Basil Dressing – a refreshing and delicious fruit salad with an amazing savory dressing.
Summer is almost here. Although May and June are the rainy months here in Calgary, I still love it. We still get plenty of sunshine and most of all I love the warm weather, after a long 9 month winter. Yep, you heard me right, our winters are almost 9 months here.
So with summer just around the corner, I thought it would be perfect to feature this beautiful, healthy and delicious mixed fruit salad.
Now don’t get turned off by the dressing. There is olive oil in this dressing, which you might think a bit weird for a fruit salad, but it works! It really does! It’s a great savory dressing that can work great on fruit salads or on regular salad greens.
There are supposed to be 8 servings here, but if you’re like my husband and I you will eat it in one sitting, that’s how good it is.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp onion powder
- dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sliced peeled kiwifruit
- 1 cup cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- In a blender combine the lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, onion powder and pepper; cover and process for 5 seconds. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in basil.
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.