I love roasted potatoes and they really are my favorite side dish. Not only do I have them as a side dish but I eat them just on their own, as they are very filling. Since I like them so much I make roasted potatoes quite often, and I always look for new ways to make them. My favorite recipe is still my roasted potatoes with garlic sauce but this recipe comes in at a close second. If anything I can probably pour that garlic sauce over these Parmesan potatoes and I combine the best of both. Why didn’t I think of that before, I will definitely have to try that next.
Now just look at these potatoes, don’t they look amazing? They taste fantastic too and roasted potatoes couldn’t get any easier to make. I did try something different this time before roasting the potatoes. I boiled them first for about 10 minutes until they were a bit tender, and the reason I did this is because I wanted to speed up the roasting process and I wanted to roast them at a higher temperature. After that just toss them in olive oil then sprinkle the Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture over them. Bake them for 30 minutes at 425 F degrees and they are ready to be devoured.
- 8 medium red potatoes, washed and cubed
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Wash and cut the potatoes in cubes. Fill a medium pot with water, add the potatoes to it and cook the potatoes for about 10 minutes just until they are a little tender. Do not cook through.
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning.
- Drain the potatoes and toss with olive oil. Sprinkle Parmesan mixture over the potatoes and toss, making sure each potato is coated with the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until potatoes are golden.