Last updated on July 16th, 2019 at 10:50 am
Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies – absolutely the easiest way to roast mushrooms, cauliflower, tomatoes and garlic Italian style. Simple and delicious.
Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
I have such a simple recipe for you today. Roasted mushrooms and veggies, that’s it! I roast veggies like this all the time, on a weekly basis. When done well it can really elevate a simple side dish into one packed with flavor. This time I chose to use gorgeous and delicious cremini mushrooms, cauliflower, and tomatoes.
If you’ve never had roasted tomatoes before, my friends, this needs to go on your bucket list because it’s the best thing ever. Don’t cut them up or anything, I like to use cocktail tomatoes, and I roast them whole, then as you bite into them you get an explosion of flavor in your mouth.
I also added loads of garlic here, and that is whole garlic cloves, they roast nicely and once done you can almost spread them on a piece of bread, like butter, so good. But the roasted mushrooms are to die for, they’re incredible.
The beauty of this side dish is of course its simplicity. All you have to do is toss all the mushrooms and veggies together in a bowl with some olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, all it is is thyme, basil, oregano and rosemary, so if you have those herbs just make your own Italian seasoning. If you want the mushrooms and veggies to have a bit of kick to them add some red pepper chili flakes.
Ingredients In Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
- Veggies – Cauliflower, tomatoes, and mushrooms. You can use whatever veggies you want – that’s the beauty of this dish!
- Garlic – Whole peeled cloves are best as they become sooo buttery when roasted down.
- Italian seasoning – If you don’t have any on hand feel free to mix your own.
- Salt & pepper – To taste.
- Olive oil – Just a drizzle.
- Parsley – I used fresh parsley for this recipe but if dried is all you have on hand that’s fine.
How To Make Italian Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
Detailed measurements and instructions are found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Prepare the oven: Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Assemble veggies: In a large bowl mix all the ingredients save for the fresh parsley. Toss well to combine and spread on a baking sheet.
- Finish the Italian roasted mushrooms and veggies: Roast veggies for 20 to 30 minutes or until the mushrooms are golden brown and the cauliflower is tender. Serve garnished with fresh parsley!
Tips For Making The Best Italian Roasted Veggies
- I love to use baby potatoes with tomatoes, or onion, peppers and sweet potatoes. The possibilities truly are endless.
- I usually serve this alongside roasted chicken drumsticks or roasted pork loin or pork chops. It makes for a perfect accompaniment!
- Oh and if your tomatoes burst open while roasting, you’ll want to make sure you get some crusty bread to soak up all that tomato juice all mixed in with the olive oil and herbs. It’s a good thing!
Storing Leftover Roasted Mushrooms And Veggies
This recipe is so easy to make and store! Just refrigerate in an airtight container and it’ll stay fresh for up to a week.
Craving More Veggie Side Dishes? Try These:
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- Perfect Thyme Skillet Potatoes
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
- Roasted Green Beans And Mushrooms
- Roasted Potatoes With Garlic Aioli
- The Ultimate Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms cleaned
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cups cocktail tomatoes
- 12 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a bowl add all the mushrooms and veggies. Drizzle with olive oil then add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and toss until well combined.
- Dump the veggies to a baking sheet and place in the preheat oven. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cauliflower is fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.