Last updated on April 24th, 2019 at 07:03 pm
Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies – absolutely the easiest way to roast mushrooms, cauliflower, tomatoes and garlic Italian style. Simple and delicious.
I have a simple recipe for you today and that is roasted mushrooms and veggies. I roast veggies like this all the time, on a weekly basis. This time I chose to use gorgeous and delicious cremini mushrooms, cauliflower and tomatoes.
If you’ve never had roasted tomatoes before, my friends, this needs to go on your bucket list because it’s the best thing ever. Don’t cut them up or anything, I like to use cocktail tomatoes, and I roast them whole, then as you bite into them you get an explosion of flavor in your mouth, one of my favorite things.
I also added loads of garlic here, and that is whole garlic cloves, they roast nicely and once done you can almost spread them on a piece of bread, like butter, so good. But the roasted mushrooms are to die for, they’re incredible.
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN ROASTED VEGGIES
The beauty of this side dish is of course its simplicity. All you have to do is toss all the mushrooms and veggies together in a bowl with some olive oil, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
If you don’t have Italian seasoning, all it is is thyme, basil, oregano and rosemary, so if you have those herbs just make your own Italian seasoning. If you want the mushrooms and veggies to have a bit of kick to them add some red pepper chili flakes.
Then just roast everything for about 20 or 30 minutes at 400 F degrees and garnish with some fresh parsley. How much more simple could a side dish get?
As I said I make this often, but not only in this combination. I love to use baby potatoes with tomatoes, or onion, peppers and sweet potatoes. The possibilities truly are endless. I usually serve this alongside roasted chicken drumsticks or roasted pork loin or pork chops.
Oh and if your tomatoes burst open while roasting, you’ll want to make sure you get some crusty bread to soak up all that tomato juice all mixed in with the olive oil and herbs. It’s a good thing!
LOOKING FOR MORE SIDE DISH RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Garlic and Herb Roasted Carrots
- Perfect Thyme Skillet Potatoes
- Balsamic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus and Tomatoes
Italian Roasted Mushrooms and Veggies
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms cleaned
- 2 cups cauliflower cut into small florets
- 2 cups cocktail tomatoes
- 12 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a bowl add all the mushrooms and veggies. Drizzle with olive oil then add Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and toss until well combined.
- Dump the veggies to a baking sheet and place in the preheat oven. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown and cauliflower is fork tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
- If you do not have Italian seasoning you can use equal amounts of basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme.
- Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.