Last updated on March 31st, 2018 at 09:38 am
This Crockpot Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham requires only 5 minutes of prep time to make this incredible brown sugar and cola glaze then pour it over the ham, set it and forget it for a few hours. When it’s done you’ll be rewarded with the most tender and delicious crockpot ham ever.
So are you a turkey or ham fan on Thanksgiving? I don’t know if I can decide, but my mom always makes turkey. A few years ago I decided to try making ham and I’m so glad I did. While I can’t decide which I like better between the two, I have to say I love ham, hubs too of course, because we just love pork in this house. I also look forward to all the leftovers, and ham and turkey are pretty much the only leftovers we look forward to.
But why should we decide which we like first, heck if you’ve got a big family, make both. And the great thing about this ham recipe is that no oven is required, which if you ask me, that’s a big deal on Thanksgiving, when there are so many other dishes fighting for some oven space, and it’s only 4 ingredients! All you need for said ham is your good old crockpot and this easy recipe! If you can find one of those hams that come already cut in slices that would be great, but I didn’t find one, not that I looked very hard either, because in the end it doesn’t matter.
So I carved the ham myself, which is pretty easy to do, but it doesn’t look as pretty. But pretty doesn’t matter here, we care about taste, and there’s plenty when it comes to this brown sugar and cola glazed ham.
I also don’t throw out the leftover liquid, I like to spoon some over my ham for extra sweetness, so good. Trust me when I tell you that it’s hard to stop yourself from eating this ham. Perfect for your Thanksgiving table!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 5-8 lb cooked ham bone in
- 1 can Coca Cola
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Place the ham in the basin of a slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, cola, and mustard over high heat. Bring to a boil and make sure the sugar has dissolved. Pour the mixture over the ham. If your ham is pre-sliced make sure some of the glaze goes in between the slices.
- Take the remaining 1/4 cup of brown sugar and sprinkle over the top of the ham.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours, basting with the cooking juices every few hours.
- Remove ham from slow cooker and let cool a bit until it can be handled. Slice the ham and serve.
- If not serving immediately, preheat the broiler and transfer the ham to a oven-safe baking dish. Brush with some of the leftover liquid and broil for about 5 minutes, glazing with additional liquid as preferred.
Nutrition information based on 5 lb ham.
Please keep in mind that nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
More delicious recipes from my kitchen