Delicious Parmesan Pesto Twists perfect for a snack or as an easy and impressive appetizer. 3 ingredients are all you need!
Our long road trip is coming to an end, as a matter of fact we are headed home, though it will take us a few more days till we make it there. I have to say you learn a lot about each other on a long road trip like this. It’s pretty clear to me now that hubs and I have different ideas on how to vacation. He’s the touristy kind that likes to walk everywhere and see everything while I’m the get pampered and relax kind. If I say so myself, I did pretty good this trip, I walked pretty much everywhere hubs wanted to and did everything he wanted to. Until we got to Ottawa. There I had to give him a day off, or rather give myself a day off and just do what I wanted like do some shopping, get my nails done and simply just relax around the great hotel we stayed at.
I do miss my work and my home and you can safely say that I’m pretty tired of being in a car. When I get home I probably will not leave my home for a month, trust me, I’m looking forward to it. Not hubs though, he could probably go for another 3 or so weeks. It’s been great though, we ate at many great different places and have lot of new ideas for some awesome new recipes.
Enough talking about my vacation though, I’m ready to tell you guys about these awesome pesto twists made with puff pastry, store bought pesto and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. You can definitely make your own pesto though, and you can find many pesto recipes here on Jo Cooks, I’ve made it and used it in various recipes. But to keep this recipe quick and simple, store bought pesto works just as great.
This is such a superb appetizer that’s quick and perfect for those occasions when you just found out company’s coming over and need something to serve them. Simply roll out your puff pastry, spread the pesto, sprinkle with cheese, cut into strips and twist.
I brushed mine with a bit of egg wash because I wanted them to be a bit shiny but this step is optional since you’re using puff pastry, it’s not really necessary so you could surely save some more time here if needed.
You could even prepare these before and refrigerate them until ready to serve, they only need about 15 minutes in the oven and you have crispy perfection.
Try out these other super easy appetizers:
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Parmesan Pesto Twists
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet so that it's about 15x12 inches on a floured work surface.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the pesto evenly over the puff pastry, you want to make sure it's fully covered.
- Sprinkle half the parmesan cheese over the pesto.
- Cut into 1 inch strips. Fold each strip in half then pick it up and twist it a few times. Place the twists onto an ungreased baking sheet, leaving about an inch in between them.
- Repeat with remaining puff pastry sheet and remaining pesto and Parmesan cheese.
- Brush each twist with beaten egg.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes before serving.
Products you may need for this recipe: