Last updated on April 23rd, 2019 at 03:14 pm
Delicious Pork Fajitas just like the restaurant favorite, but with delicious pork tenderloin instead. Incredibly tasty bound to satisfy even the picky eaters.
Fortunately for us, there are some great recipes we can enjoy to help us keep those new year resolutions. It doesn’t have to be all rabbit food, though I did break down last night and made a batch of brownies. Not feeling guilty or anything because they were really good. But today I was in the mood for some pork fajitas, just felt like it’s been a while since we’ve had them.
These fajitas are so easy to make, seriously the hardest part about making these is doing all the chopping and making sure you don’t step on your dog, that’s if you have a dog. I swear she sits herself in front of the stove and doesn’t move until you sit down at the dinner table. Not that I’m really complaining, love my little girl, and I’m never lonely with her in the kitchen. Plus I love having a TV in the kitchen, hubs finally installed one a few months ago and I’m in heaven.
Now that I’m all caught up watching the Walking Dead, hubs and I started watching Elementary, always been a fan of Sherlock Holmes. I have to say I really enjoy this show, and I love Jonny Lee Miller as Holmes and Lucy Liu as Watson. I’m more in love with his British accent, wish I could talk like that, but no matter how much I try I just sound like an idiot.
Anyway, pork fajitas anyone? I served mine with an easy homemade guacamole and oh boy these were so good, they were gone in seconds. Who needs Mexican restaurants when you can make these so easily at home. You can even make your own fajita seasoning for this recipe!
If you love this recipe, try these!
If you try this recipe, please let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and tag a photo #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Pork Fajitas with Guacamole
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 tbsp fajita seasoning or to taste
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 8 small tortillas
- 2 avocados
- juice from 1 lime about 2 tbsp
- 1 tomato diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- Clean and slice the onions into long strips. Slice the peppers into long strips as well. Place peppers and onions in a large bowl, sprinkle 1 1/2 tbsp of the fajita mix over the onions and peppers and toss.
- Clean and slice the pork tenderloin into long strips and place in a bowl. Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp of fajita mix over the pork and stir to make sure each piece of pork is seasoned well.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil over medium high heat and add the pork to it. Cook the pork for 5 to 10 minutes until it's fully cooked, and it's slightly charred, but not burned.
- Remove the pork from skillet, and wipe the skillet clean.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil to the skillet and heat it up. Add the onion and pepper mixture and cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is caramelized and the peppers are soft. Add the pork back to the skillet, mix with peppers and onions and cook for a minute.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocados in a small bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Assemble the tortillas, add some pork, onion, peppers, and top with avocado. Garnish with cilantro if preferred.