Last updated on August 7th, 2017 at 04:18 pm
Steak Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce – the easiest and most delicious steak tacos with a super easy and fresh chimichurri sauce. So satisfying, and so fresh!
You know what I love the most?
When hubs told me he wanted to grill a couple steaks for dinner, I was thrilled. An easy dinner with no work from me. Except I had to think of a side dish. So that’s when I decided to take those boring steaks and turn them into these yummy steak tacos. I’ve also been dreaming about a chimichurri sauce and I thought these steak tacos would be perfect with some delish chimichurri sauce.
As I sit here and type this post and stare at these pictures through my blurry vision, I salivate remembering how good they were. Blurry vision is due to the dilation eye drops I had a couple hours ago for an eye exam. Ever had those before? Not as bad as I expected, the eyes stung a little as the drops went in, then hello blurry. And not only that, but light seems to bother me. Another hour and I should be fine, but I’m determined to write this post and tell you about these tacos. They’re that good!
That chimichurri sauce is money though, I should bottle it and sell it. Super easy to make too. Of course I had fresh herbs from the garden that hubs is growing so even better. And don’t let the name scare you. All you need is parsley, oregano, garlic, some green onions, olive oil, salt and pepper. I blended mine in my quick magic bullet.
The rest is easy. I topped mine with some of my favorite toppings, avocados, tomatoes, feta cheese, lettuce and drizzled with a bit of lime juice. Needless to say we gobbled these up in no time at all, at which time we stared at each other and wished there were more. And that’s 4 tacos we each had.
Well there’s only one solution to this problem. I’ll just have to make them again this weekend and I strongly recommend you do as well.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
- 2 medium beef steaks
- 8 medium soft tortillas
- 1 avocado chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup lettuce roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1 cups fresh parsley leaves packed
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves packed or 4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water or lime juice
- Grill the steaks to your liking.
- While grilling steaks, make the chimichurri sauce. Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined. The sauce, if not used all, will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Slice steak into thin slices. I made 4 tacos from each steak, but it depends on the size of the steak.
- To assemble tacos, start with placing some steak on a tortilla then drizzle some chimichurri sauce over the steak. Finish by topping with avocados, tomatoes, lettuce and feta cheese. Sprinkle with some fresh lime juice.