Apple Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops – thick cut pork chops stuffed with a delicious stuffing made with apples, bacon and blue cheese.
I’m going through a pork phase again. All I can think of is juicy pork chops and bacon. I think I need to strive for more balance in my meals. I know what I can do, a week of pork chops, a week of salads with bacon, a week of stuffed chicken with bacon, etc. Yeah I think that might work, and I’d say that’s pretty balanced, wouldn’t you?
But hey, what’s a girl to do when she is faced with pork chops and bacon. Simple, my dears! You stuff the pork chop with the bacon! I bet you didn’t think of that, did you?
You don’t have to be a man to enjoy thick juicy pork chops stuffed with the most incredible stuffing made with bacon, apples and blue cheese. Can you say flavor bomb? These pork chops will rock your world. Your life will literally be better for having these stuffed puppies!
But you know this isn’t a novelty, let’s face it, pork and apples go together like chocolate and marshmallows, like Abbott and Costello, like fish and chips, like cream and sugar. I think you get it. Like wisdom and age? Toast and butter? Starsky and Hutch? Heart and soul? Sticks and stones? Peanut butter and jelly? I think I’ll stop here. Nuts and Bolts! Meat and Potatoes! Pen and paper! Salt and pepper! My fav, mac and cheese! I promise, I’m done.
But when you add bacon and blue cheese, well you’ve elevated the flavors to a whole new dimension. I just love saying that. A whole new flavor dimension. I promise I didn’t have anything to drink, oh maybe just a glass of wine, that’s all.
Anyway, the stuffing! Simple. Apple. Bacon. Blue Cheese. Shallots. Garlic. Done.
I used pork loin chops, but the bone in pork chops would work just as well, just make sure that whatever pork chops you use, that they are cut pretty thick, about an inch. Cut a little pocket inside each pork chop, just use a sharp knife, make sure you don’t cut yourself, and then stuff those puppies with all your stuffing, about 1/2 cup of stuffing in each. Doesn’t matter if it sticks out, it’s all good.
I fried my pork chops on both sides for about 5 minutes per side, and because I don’t want to eat raw meat, I popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400 F degrees and baked until done to a crispy perfection. Oh I added some rosemary too because rosemary and pork go together like needle and thread, wine and cheese, day and night, black and white. Ok, I’m done! Promise.
Pros and cons? Leaps and Bounds? Tom and Jerry!
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Apple Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 apple peeled cored and sliced small
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Cut a pocket in each pork chop, bone in pork chops can be used as well. Season each pork chop with salt, pepper and rub them with the rosemary. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large oven proof skillet. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon in the skillet, and another tbsp for later, discard the rest.
- Fry the shallot and apple together, for about 3 minutes until apple softens. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Turn off heat and add blue cheese to skillet and stir.
- Spoon about half cup of the stuffing into each pork chop.
- Add remaining bacon fat to skillet and add heat. Place pork chops in skillet and cook on each side until they start to brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place skillet in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.