Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts – an impressive dish for a Sunday night dinner or a Holiday. Delicious chicken rolls with a surprise filling.
Chicken Rolls! Stuffed with all kinds of yummy things like prosciutto and garlic and herb cream cheese! Wait, you guys! We seriously need to talk about this chicken. It’s good juicy chicken so flavourful from the sun-dried tomatoes and the basil, did I mention prosciutto? Oh how I love that prosciutto! It’s salty and oh so yummy. So yeah if you’ve never had or made chicken rolls before, this is the recipe to start with. Well even if you have had chicken rolls before you still need to make this. You N.E.E.D. to make this, my friends.
With the holidays quickly approaching I’m sure all of you are looking for easy yet delicious and impressive dinner ideas. You can’t get anymore impressive than these stuffed chicken breasts. They would be perfect even for a Thanksgiving dinner, something different, or better yet use turkey breasts instead of chicken breasts and make these awesome big turkey rolls stuffed with these ingredients, oh my, you will be a star. How great they would look and smell and taste.
You know, long time ago, when I first got moved out on my own I remember my dinners consisting of cereal, sandwiches or frozen dinners. Boy, did I ever lack imagination. So this is why I love food blogging. Trying different recipes, and eating good food.
People ask me all the time if I ever make the same recipe twice. Well the answer is yes, of course. If I were to cook something different every time we had to eat, well I’d probably eventually run out of recipes. Or maybe not, but the point is I only share with you here my favorites, and yes I have lots of favorites. But as I always like to say, I have expanded my horizons as far as cooking goes. Whereas before I never knew what to cook for dinner, now I have a great repertoire of recipes to choose from.
But don’t let this recipe scare you, it really is not hard to make at all. Just make sure you are gentle with the chicken breasts as you pound them, so they don’t break completely. The toothpicks should be great for securing and making sure they stay rolled up. You could even use butcher twine to secure the rolls, especially if you’re making this with turkey breasts. Now before I leave you, let me just say that hubs inhaled this chicken, as picky as he is, all I heard was squeals of delight. See my friends, the way to a man’s heart is M.E.A.T., lots and lots of meat. So when you have chicken and prosciutto together, well, all you’ll get is love in return.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 6-12 basil leaves depending on size
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees.
- Flatten the chicken breasts using a meat mallet to pound them until they are about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream cheese on each chicken breast. Scroll down for step pictures. Top with basil leaves, then 2 slices of prosciutto on each breast and a tbsp of chopped sun-dried tomatoes on each breast. Carefully roll up the breasts and secure with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a oven proof skillet and brown the chicken, placing first with seam side down until just slightly golden brown. You may need to remove toothpicks to brown on all sides.
- Place skillet in oven and bake chicken for an additional 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from skillet onto a cutting board, discard toothpicks and wait about 15 minutes before slicing each chicken breasts. To double the recipe simply double all the ingredients.