Mexican Beer Chicken Tacos – your family will love to dig into this taco casserole featuring delicious beer marinated chicken with a homemade guacamole.
Mexican Beer Chicken Tacos
I told you I’m loco, obsessed! Taco obsessed. And it seems like beer obsessed too. I want to marinate everything in beer. It’s my latest favorite thing. Tacos and beer and guacamole, how can you turn this down? You don’t need to go to a Mexican restaurant to eat like this. You can prepare this yourself, it’s really simple to make. The hardest thing is to wait a bit for the chicken to marinate. But you know what would be best, is to prep the chicken the night before and let it marinate overnight.
This taco casserole sure did feed my taco obsession. And nobody here at my house will ever complain that there are just too many tacos. As you can see I used a Mexican beer, called Modelo but any beer should be fine, it’s just that hubs has been in a Mexican beer mood so he’s been buying Corona and Modelo. I think my favorite to drink is Corona though, and that’s cause I’m not a beer drinker and I find Corona to be quite light and not too bitter. But even as a non-beer drinker, I have to admit that on a hot summer day, like the ones we’ve been having, there’s really nothing better than enjoying a cold Corona.
How To Make Mexican Beer Chicken Tacos
So yeah, this chicken. So tender and packed full of flavor. I was actually sad to throw out the marinade because it was so good. Anyway I just cut the chicken first into small pieces before marinating it and then cooked it in a skillet on my stovetop. But if you want you can leave the entire chicken breasts in one piece and marinate them that way and then just grill the chicken and then slice it up. I didn’t do this because when I made this my grill still wasn’t hooked up. But it is now, baby! Back yard is finished and ready to be rocking!
Making the chicken was really the hardest part about this casserole. I gave you my simple recipe for guacamole here, but you can use any guacamole you want, even store bought if you want to save some time. Also I used flour tortillas here, but corn tortillas are fine too, or even hard taco shells. All you have to do is arrange some tortillas in a 9×13 inch baking dish and fill them up generously with chicken and then with some cheddar cheese. Pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes then add your favorite toppings on them. They are so good, hot and fresh and just perfect. These would be perfect for your 4th of July celebration!
More Delicious Recipes To Try
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Mexican Beer Chicken Taco Casserole
For chicken and marinade
For taco casserole
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded, or a Mexican blend cheese
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- sour cream
- 1 avocados
- 1 tomato chopped
- 5 green onions chopped
- juice from 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade (excluding the olive oil) and whisk lightly. If you plan on grilling the chicken add the entire chicken breasts to the marinade, otherwise cut it into small pieces then add to marinade. Make sure that the chicken is fully submerged in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink and has started to brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Arrange tortillas in a 9x13 baking dish. You can also use taco shells or corn tortillas. Fill each tortilla generously with chicken. Sprinkle each taco evenly with cheese. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas start to crisp up and cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
- While tacos are baking you can make the guacamole. Mash the avocado then add remaining guacamole ingredients and mix well.
- Top each taco with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.