Feta Cheese and Chives Biscuits – Feta cheese, chives and smoked paprika transform these biscuits into festive biscuits, making them the perfect addition to your Christmas table.
These biscuits remind me of Christmas and I was going to call them Christmas biscuits but decided to stick to a more descriptive name. However I still think that they would make a perfect addition to your Christmas table. Not only do they look festive but are amazingly delicious from all the wonderful ingredients in them like feta cheese and chives and yogurt. The addition of smoked paprika totally intrigued me with these biscuits, and I could not resist making them.
Making biscuits is very easy and this recipe is a no fail. Anyone can do it. As with any biscuit or scone recipe you start by mixing all the dry ingredients together, in this case the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. The next step is to add the butter. Here you can use your fingers or a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Easy peasy.
In another bowl you need to whisk the egg with the yogurt and water, which you will then pour to the flour and butter mixture. Using your hands or a wooden spoon you need to mix in the wet ingredients just until the dough is soft. Since chives and feta cheese are the star ingredients in these biscuits, they go in next and are mixed in a bit, just until the dough starts to stick together.
At this point you need to dump the dough onto a clean counter and knead it a few times until it no longer crumbles and can be rolled out. I chose to go with thicker biscuits, about 1 inch in thickness, but of course you can make thinner ones and end up with more biscuits. I used a 2 inch round cookie cutter here, but you can simply cut the biscuits any shape you want.
Next we simply have to brush the biscuits with egg wash, sprinkle with that wonderful smoked paprika and more black pepper and salt if desired. Now you can see those Christmas colors which is why I love these biscuits so much.
After you bake these puppies for about 15 minutes you end up with the most gorgeous biscuits and the aromas that fill your kitchen are breath taking. You might want to let them cool a bit before you dig in.
If you guys love this recipe, and most importantly make it yourselves, please let us know. Leave a comment below and rate this recipe or take a picture and tag it #jocooks on Instagram so we can see it. I always love to see what you guys come up with!
Looking for more recipes? Follow on...
Feta Cheese and Chives Biscuits
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and black pepper. Using your fingers or pastry cutter, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In another bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt and water. Add to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough is soft. Add chives and feta cheese and dump onto a your clean counter. Knead the dough a few times until the dough comes together.
- Roll out the dough so that it's about 1 inch in thickness. Using a 2 inch round cookie cutter, cut into biscuits. Please the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet. Reshape the remaining dough to create more biscuits.
- Brush biscuits with egg wash and sprinkle with black pepper and smoked paprika.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
What you’ll need: