Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes – so crispy and delicious, roasted to perfection! A perfect side dish.
I can’t deny that one of my favorite sides are roasted potatoes. I’ve made roasted potatoes so many different ways, I just like different spices and flavors, so I’ll try and put just about everything on potatoes. To me, roasted potatoes are such a comfort food. So I’ve made roasted potatoes with garlic sauce before or I’ve made Parmesan roasted potatoes but I’ve never combined the two flavors together.
And I need to tell you these potatoes are to die for. They are so goooooood! Forget french fries, or mashed potatoes, this is the way to eat potatoes!
Because I love you all, I’ll tell you my trick for not messing up a good baking pan with these potatoes. I use parchment paper, you can use aluminum foil as well to cover the pan, but parchment paper works the best. Trust me, you want to use parchment paper, otherwise you’d be scrubbing potatoes off the pan for a couple days. The other trick I’d like to tell you about is don’t toss the potatoes around while you’re baking them. Leave them there, so the side that’s touching the parchment paper will get nice and crisp, because you want crispy roasted potatoes, not mushy.
And because I’m really in a giving mood today, I’ll give you a third trick, and this trick is optional, depends how crispy and done you like your potatoes. I like mine really crispy, so my trick is that before I take out the potatoes from the oven, I turn the broiler on for maybe 2 minutes or 3 minutes, until they are just the way I like them. Just make sure you don’t forget to turn off the broiler, or you might end up with ashes for dinner.
So there you have it my friends, that’s how you make these puppies so they’re nice and crispy and done to perfection. I used here freshly grated Parmesan cheese and as you toss them around in the cheese, the cheese melts on them and they get this glossy finish, and they taste so unbelievably delicious, that I’m salivating here just writing about them. It’s a good thing I just had dinner!
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cleaned and cut into cubes or wedges
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes and toss until each potato piece is fully covered in olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turn on the broiler and bake for a couple more minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- In a bowl mix Parmesan cheese and parsley. Pour over potatoes and toss around. Cheese will melt and give the potatoes a nice glossy look.
From the Jo Cooks recipe archive originally posted September Sept 10, 2013.