This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
27 Healthy Recipes To Kick Start Your 2016 New Year’s Resolutions – get started on meeting your new year’s goals with a collection of my favorite healthy recipes.
I’m not even going to deny the fact that every year I make the same resolution, to eat healthy, exercise more, blah blah, you know the drill. I just accept it as a fact of life. I start out the year eating healthier, and end the year eating all my heart desires over the holidays. It’s just how it is. Over the years I’ve made quite a few healthy recipes that are my favorite and I make all the time at my house. It was hard to choose but I managed to stick to 27 recipes, in no particular order, that I think you guys would love. However, feel free to search the healthy eating category here for hundreds of recipes, but for now here are just a few that might make you drool.
1. Easy Oven Roasted Chicken Shawarma, plus an out of this world garlic sauce and prepare your own chicken shawarma wraps. Beats takeout or fast food!
2. This Easy Thai Steak Salad is super quick to prepare and loaded with veggies and a grilled marinated sirloin steak featuring Thai flavors.
3. Maple Soy Grilled Salmon Steaks – These Maple Soy Grilled Salmon Steaks require only a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Simple, delicious and incredible flavors.
4. Kale and Quinoa Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette – words cannot describe how good this salad is. This bright and fresh kale salad is a great way to start loving kale.
5. Mexican Chicken and Rice Salad – a fresh summer salad loaded with black beans, chicken, corn and rice. Totally addicting and makes the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight.
6. Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas with fresh mozzarella cheese and pesto – using fresh ingredients found at your local market, these quesadillas are perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner.
7. Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken with Strawberry Salsa – a light and refreshing strawberry and jalapeno salsa with cilantro lime marinated grilled chicken, you can’t beat this at only 351 calories a serving. Perfect for those who don’t mind grilling year round.
8. These Chicken Salad Sandwiches are loaded, and I mean loaded, with the best ever chicken salad made with healthy ingredients and topped with a simple guacamole.
9. Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta – just because we want to eat healthy doesn’t mean we have to give up pasta completely, and at only 379 calories how can you say no to this incredible dish?
10. Mexican Beer Chicken Taco Casserole – your family will love to dig into this taco casserole featuring delicious beer marinated chicken with a homemade guacamole.
11. Red Lentil and Chicken Soup – a hearty and delicious soup loaded with lentils and chicken, cumin and smoked paprika, a perfect comfort soup for a cold fall or winter night.
12. Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps – ready in 15 minutes from start to finish, perfect quick lunch. These Thai-style lettuce wraps will please your taste buds, super healthy and delicious.
13. Fresh sole fish served over a delicious and healthy pea salad! A simple yet elegant and healthy meal and only 299 calories a serving!
14. Chicken Fajita Quesadillas – sauteed onions, red and green peppers, perfectly seasoned chicken breast, melted cheese, between two tortillas. Simply yummy.
15. Everything Oatmeal Bake Bars – delicious and super healthy breakfast oatmeal bake bars, full of healthy and good for you ingredients.
16. An incredible Albondigas soup which is a traditional Mexican meatball soup loaded with vegetables and full of flavor.
17. Chopped Salad with Orzo and Corn – a refreshing chopped salad loaded with fresh veggies, orzo, roasted corn and bacon, drizzled with an easy lemon vinaigrette.
18. Garlic and Paprika Chicken – Deliciously baked crispy, juicy and tender chicken drumsticks with a garlic and smoked paprika sauce.
19. Pretty darn delicious chipotle chicken stuffed sweet potato skins! They’re sweet and spicy, filled with a delicious chicken and spinach filling and oh so cheesy!
20. Healthy Whole Wheat and Oats Pumpkin Pancakes – super healthy pumpkin pancakes, no oil, no fat, no guilt whole wheat and oats pancakes.
21. Crispy Baked Parmesan Chicken Wings – These chicken wings are baked crisp to a golden perfection, then smothered in a Parmesan cheese, parsley and chili flakes mixture. It’s finger licking good! And yeah you can have chicken wings because they ARE baked!
22. One Pot Couscous with Shrimp and Peas – A simple dish made in 30 minutes from start to finish, featuring everyday ingredients but full of incredible flavor.
23. These Blackened Fish Tacos with Mango and Avocado Salsa are everything you would want in a taco. They’re spicy, full of flavor, an amazing mango and avocado salsa, totally delish!
24. Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes – an easy dinner that you can prepare in under 10 minutes. Chicken drumsticks, spicy chorizo sausage and new potatoes, it’s amazing!
25. Shrimp Scampi Zoodles – take your favorite shrimp scampi dish and lighten it up with zucchini noodles. Same flavors, same deliciousness, but so much healthier and better for you.
26. Slow Cooker Beef and Bell Peppers – a super easy slow cooker meal, all you need is about 10 minutes of prep time and you end up with one delicious meal.
27. Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa – the easiest and most delicious shrimp tacos with a super easy, fresh and delicious mango salsa. So satisfying, and so fresh!