This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just a small group of loved ones, make this year’s Thanksgiving a memorable one. Keep it traditional with your favorite festive classics, or shake up your Thanksgiving spread! This guide will help you plan the best meal for your family and friends.
CHOOSE YOUR SNACKS OR APPETIZERS
Provide some bites for your guests to help tide them over for the main event. Your house will be smelling incredible, after all, and the audience will be hungry from a whole day of preparing themselves for the big meal. These easy recipes can be prepared the day before to save you time.
- We always end up with too much cranberry sauce, right? Use some of it up with these Cranberry Meatballs! You can prepare these sweet and savory gems the night before and pop them in the oven to warm them up right before serving.
- These Bacon and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms are begging to be on your roster. These can also be prepared a day or two ahead of time, and baked before hitting the snack table.
- Olive Tapenade is just as easy to make as it is delicious. Give all the ingredients a quick buzz in your food processor, and voila; all done! The longer these ingredients sit together the more delicious they get.
- You only need a handful of ingredients to prepare this easy cheesy Sausage Pesto Ring! This recipe uses country biscuit dough, Italian sausage, pesto, and cheese. You’ll definitely go back for seconds!
- There is no combination like sweet and salty. These Sweet Chicken Bacon Bites are what dreams are made of!
- Keep the Thanksgiving theme alive with these Sweet Potato Turkey Meatballs. This recipe includes a creamy maple dip that your guests will go crazy for!
- Using store-bought puff pastry and a super easy ground beef filling, prep these Beef Empanadas the day before. Simply heat them up in the oven, and serve!
- Every snack spread should have chips and dip! You’ll never look back after trying this Avocado Shrimp Salsa. Not only is it delicious, but it only takes 20 minutes to make!
CHOOSE YOUR MAIN DISH
The main act may seem like the most stressful part of the whole night. These recipes are so easy and delicious, you won’t have to miss out on enjoying the evening with your family and friends.
- Is this your first year making a turkey? Have no fear! Learn How to Roast a Turkey with step-by-step instructions. Pair it with homemade Cranberry Sauce for the best traditional Thanksgiving dinner.
- Give your oven a break and cook your main dish in the Crockpot. This Crockpot Honey Mustard Glazed Ham will take care of itself all day while you prepare the rest of the meal!
- Brine your turkey! This Brined Roast Turkey Breast will add even more flavor to your main dish than ever before. As a result, everyone will be asking for your secret at the end of the night!
- Save yourself time, and above all, stress, with this Cranberry Pork Roast! While only taking up an hour of your oven’s precious time, this pork roast still boasts gourmet flavor.
- Only cooking for a few people? This recipe for Instant Pot Turkey Breast is exactly what you need! In only 25 minutes your turkey will be perfectly cooked and so juicy.
- You want to be as efficient as possible on Thanksgiving. This recipe for Crockpot Brown Sugar Cola Glazed Ham takes only 5 minutes to prep! Now that’s what I’m talking about.
- Are you thinking about switching it up this year? Because I have the perfect recipe for you! This Slow Roast Leg of Lamb is marinated overnight for even more amazing flavor.
- This Rosemary Garlic Pork Roast is so succulent and easy to prepare. Packed with herbs and garlic, you won’t be left with any leftovers!
CHOOSE YOUR SIDE DISHES
Some would argue that this is the best part of any Thanksgiving spread! Impress your guests and keep it simple all at the same time with these side dishes.
- Sausage and Sage Stuffing is a delicious twist on the classic crowd pleaser. Use your favorite type of sausage to make this dish pop with so much flavor!
- Veggies don’t have to be so boring anymore! With only three extra ingredients, these Brandy-Glazed Carrots are a major upgrade. They’ll be devoured in no time!
- This Sweet Potato Casserole is a must for your spread. The perfect blend of soft sweet potatoes and a crunchy cornflake pecan topping is over the top!
- Is it really Thanksgiving without Mashed Potatoes? You can make these the day before, reheat in the microwave, and they’ll still taste buttery and fresh.
- When I tell you these Scalloped Potatoes are loaded, I mean it! This recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and has bacon, cheese, chives, and a creamy sauce with a dash of nutmeg.
- Have you ever made a Green Bean Casserole from Scratch? Here you’ll find fresh green beans and mushrooms in a creamy sauce, and topped with crispy onions.
- Cheese and potatoes are a match made in heaven. Fire up your Crockpot to make these Cheesy Mashed Potatoes! So easy and delicious, you can’t say no.
- The Ultimate Parmesan Broccoli says all you need to know. Loaded with garlic, pecans, and parmesan cheese, broccoli has never been so fun.
CHOOSE YOUR DESSERT
Everyone has room for dessert at the end of the night! You can stick to tradition, or try something new this year. Here’s a list of my favorite sweets to serve on Thanksgiving.
- Everyone loves a slice of Classic Pumpkin Pie. Especially after a big Thanksgiving dinner! This recipe is so creamy, perfectly sweet, and can be prepared the night before.
- Save time by making a Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle! This trifle takes 30 minutes from start to finish. You get a fast dessert without sacrificing amazing flavor. Win win!
- If you have apples from your summer haul taking up room in the freezer, use them up with an Apple Pie! The homemade crust is so perfectly flaky, and the filling is to die for.
- Are you looking to impress your guests with a stunning dessert? Because you have to try this Pumpkin Roll! It may look gorgeous, but no one has to know that it was so easy to make.
- These Pecan Pie Bars are so perfect for feeding a crowd! You’ll want to go back for seconds after trying these bars featuring an easy shortbread crust with a gooey pecan filled topping.
- Try these adorable Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes! Have a full tray of creamy, bite sized desserts ready to go in less than an hour.
- The name says it all with Pumpkin Sex in a Pan! This dessert has three creamy and delicious layers overtop of a pecan crust. It even tastes better when made the day before serving!
- Is it pie or is it cake? This Apple Pie Cake is the best of both worlds! Top it with whipped cream, ice cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.