This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
We all love our Mom and Mother’s day is the perfect time to show her how much we actually love and care for her, and most importantly appreciate her. What better way to do this than to show her your love with food. With my Easy Mother’s Day Menu Guide, you can’t go wrong!
From brunch to dinner, this menu will guide you in giving your mom the best Mother’s Day possible.
Choose Your Breakfast or Brunch Dish
Any great Mother’s Day starts out with a good breakfast or brunch dish, so here are a few ideas for some recipes that would be a great fit.
Savory Breakfast/Brunch Dishes
- Start your brunch with this delicious Quiche, this is a simple fool-proof, no fail recipe!
- Perhaps your mom prefers eggs on her special day. These Shakshuka will give you a spicy and savory breakfast also known as Shakshuka. Baked eggs in a delicious spicy tomato sauce and loaded with cheese, perfect start to any day!
- This Spinach Ricotta Brunch Bake can also be prepared ahead and baked on Mother’s Day morning. Layers of ricotta cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese and spinach all wrapped up in puff pastry, makes this a crowd pleaser.
- This Crescent Bacon Breakfast Ring is more for the breakfast traditionalists who prefer a bacon and eggs type of breakfast. Prepare the bacon and eggs the day before and store them in an airtight container, so that all you have to do on Mother’s Day morning is assemble the ring with store bought crescent dough and bake.
Sweet Breakfast/Brunch Dishes
- These Strawberry Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing are always a favorite for breakfast or brunch. Filled with fresh strawberries and strawberry jam, then iced with a cream cheese icing, these sweet rolls are incredibly delicious.
- This Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake is a tasty new take on your regular banana bread. Loaded with walnuts and chocolate chips and a brown sugar cinnamon filling, this coffee cake won’t let you down!
- This Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf is moist and delicious with just the right amount of blueberries and lemon. Enjoy a slice for dessert today, perfect with tea or coffee!
- These Lemon Blueberry Scones are light and fluffy, sweet and tangy, but most of all, simply delicious. So easy to make, perfect for breakfast and a great Mother’s Day treat.
- We all love a good Cinnabon roll! You bet your mom does too! Try these Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls, a Cinnabon copycat recipe, about the closest you’ll get to the real thing. Super easy to make.
- How about this Banana Bread French Toast with Caramelized Bananas. French Toast with thick slices of banana nut bread and served with decadent caramelized bananas. What a way to start your day!
- A little bit of lemon juice, some gorgeous blueberries, ricotta cheese, a pinch of salt and a bit of vanilla, and finally that last touch of maple syrup and butter, combine together in a glorious harmony to create these gorgeous Lemon Blueberry and Ricotta Pancakes.
Choose Your Snack or Appetizer
You’ll need some snacks or appetizers throughout the day, so here’s a few that I think are perfect for your mom’s special day.
- Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Mango Dipping Sauce – juicy jumbo shrimp rolled in sweetened shredded coconut, fried to a delicious crisp and served with an incredible spicy mango dipping sauce.
- For something healthy, these vegetarian stuffed mushrooms are stuffed with onions, mushroom stems, roasted peppers and a bit of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- This Baba Ghanoush requires a few ingredients and does not require a grill or gas stove. If you’ve never had baba ghanoush, try my super easy and delicious recipe! It’s made with eggplant, tahini, garlic and lemon juice.
- This Easy Bruschetta Recipe is a super simple, no fail recipe for my favorite Italian antipasto. Try my recipe and say good bye to store bought bruschetta. Quick, delicious and always a crowd pleaser!
- This Avocado Shrimp Salsa is the perfect appetizer using fresh and delicious ingredients. End result is bold flavors and one great salsa, ready in only 20 minutes!
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Breaded Mushrooms – enjoy this restaurant favorite without all the fat and calories, try them baked! You still get all the flavor without the guilt.
- Garlic and Parsley Butter Shrimp – gorgeous jumbo shrimp slathered in an exquisite garlic and parsley butter and baked to perfection.
- Mini Caprese Salad Bites – a most delicious salad served in a most elegant way. Perfect for Mother’s Day!
Choose Your Dinner Dish
You’ll want to make your mom a delicious dinner, one that she’ll remember for a long time. However, that doesn’t mean that you need to be slaving in the kitchen all day long, besides you want to be enjoying the day with your mom.
Here’s my collection of incredible and easy dinner dishes, and some quite quick, that you can make.
- This Olive oil and Garlic Fettuccine known as Aglio e Olio in Italian is a traditional pasta dish originating in Naples known for its simplicity. A perfect Mother’s Day dinner dish if you’re looking for something quick but still spectacular.
- Sheet pan dinners were never easier than this Salmon with Dill Sauce and Roasted Baby Potatoes. Perfect for a quick 30 minute dinner!
- Delicious Shrimp Scampi with Bacon over linguine. You must try this recipe if your mom loves shrimp scampi, the bacon adds that extra bit of flavor that is to die for.
- This Coconut Shrimp Curry features delicious shrimp in a coconut curry that’s perfect over cooked rice and ready in only 25 minutes! Super easy, one pot and tons of flavors!
- Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine with an incredibly simple creamy sauce and crispy cajun shrimp with a little hit of heat. This can all be on your dinner table in 20 minutes tops!
- This Thai Red Chicken Curry is incredibly delicious, so easy to make with bite size chicken pieces, snow peas and simmered in a red curry and coconut milk sauce. Thai cooking in under 30 minutes and all in one pot!
- Perk up your mom’s dinner with this firecracker baked salmon. Red pepper flakes and Sriracha sauce provide this salmon with some fiery flavor that give this salmon its name.
A Little More Time Needed
- This Penne with Prosciutto, Tomatoes and Zucchini can be on your dinner table in 30 minutes. I’m talking crispy bits of prosciutto, zucchini and blistered cherry tomatoes which makes this penne incredibly delicious.
- This Moroccan Style Roast Chicken and Potatoes is slowly cooked in a tagine and filled with intense Moroccan flavor. 5 minute prep time is all you need for this delicious roast chicken with a twist!
- Chicken and Seafood Paella – a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor.
- One Pot Chicken Drumsticks with Beluga Lentils – juicy chicken drumsticks with black Beluga Lentils, fire roasted tomatoes and zucchini, and lots of leeks and garlic.
Choose Your Cocktail
What’s Mother’s day without a cocktail or two? Here are some of my favorites!
- This Grenadine Sunrise is a gorgeous cocktail, made with Prosecco, Grand Marnier, brandy and Grenadine.
- How about a Sangria Blanco? The quintessential summer cocktail: Sangria! This Sangria Blanco is a refreshing cocktail perfect for Mother’s Day!
- These Red Grapefruit and Basil Mimosas require only 4 ingredients.
- The Ultimate Mojito! It’s slushy and it’s super yummy!
Choose Your Dessert
Here are some desserts that your mom will absolutely love, and you can even make these before, so there’s no need to stress on the big day!
- Nothing says “I love you” like this Red Velour Cake! This Red Velour Cake takes your classic popular Red Velvet Cake and brings it to the next level of elegance and deliciousness. Still moist, still has the soft velvet texture we’re all familiar with and love, but has a velour exterior that’s beautiful and sophisticated.
- An Angel Berry Trifle that’s perfect for Mother’s Day made with fresh berries, angel food cake and an out of this world vanilla pudding and cream cheese custard.
- This Tiramisu Tres Leches Cake combines two classics into one incredibly delicious and decadent cake. This elegant Tres Leches Cake is espresso spiked and topped with a heavenly mascarpone topping. It truly is perfect and special.
- How about these Maple Ricotta Stuffed Crepes – Tender and delicious crepes filled with a ricotta cheese and raisin filling, baked then topped with maple syrup.
- This Lemon Chiffon Cake is very light and soft and it’s topped a delicious lemon glaze. From breakfast to dessert this chiffon cake will be a crowd pleaser all the time.
- Pound Cake with Strawberry Glaze – This incredible pound cake is rich and dense, yet light with a slight touch of lemon, then drizzled with a delicious sweet and easy to make strawberry glaze.
- This Strawberry Tiramisu Trifle is a classic dessert that gets a berry twist with lots of strawberries, chocolate and a fabulous mascarpone and pudding cream, still with lots of coffee flavor!
- Perhaps these decadent Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes are more your mom’s idea of an ideal treat. Creamy bite-sized cheesecakes with a graham cracker crust and topped with a delicious salted caramel.